Sunday, November 9, 2014

oops smbnetfs not as holy as I thought

turns out that Avimark cant go down the directory tree and retrieve documents and attachments using the smbnetfs mount.

it is still a useful tool for ad hoc browsing of your network, but doesnt give the full avimark functionality.

So for now, until I break the cifs permissions code, the only way I know to have full function in Avimark/wine is to use the x11rdp terminal service model that I have been running on for almost 2 years now, or to use a linux server instead of a windows server.

cifs seems to work connecting to the linux server and working peer to peer, just not cifs to a windows server....YET.... I am not devoting full time to this, but I will keep working to solve this final piece of the puzzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment